Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Miss Alice Decides

Style prompt:
Write a romantic comedy in the style of Lewis Carroll. Give us 100-500 words.

Miss Alice Decides
 By Deborah J Lindsey

Who’s it to be Miss Alice?
Him or me?
Tweedle Deedle Dum
or me-
Tweedle Deedle Dee?”

Alice stared betwixt them
And then she stared between
Could these poor fellows be serious?
Surely it was but a dream?

Four eyes peered at her
These Tweedle Deedle Twins
She could scarcely tell which was who
Or what was wisp or whim.

Marry us Sweet Alice!
Please won’t you tell?
We could dine quite fine
on oysters,
spread half upon the shell.

Take us both or only one
Please choose, for we most know
For track or train or rain in Spain
Do not Deedle Dwaddle so.

Dear Sirs, I do beg your pardon,
I do not mean to be so cocky,
I will marry neither Dee nor Dum
For I love the Jaberwocky.

C Copyright February, 2017 by Deborh J Lindsey





No comments: