Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Chained" but not "Charmed"

How NOT to run a business!!!!!!!

My Valentine gift arrived this morning by UPS.

Excellent!
I was excited!
I knew what it was!! or I thought I did!

I happily opened the small gift box and..and..and...

It contained only a chain.....

No "Hare" charm..just a chain


You see D. Gave me a beautiful rabbit charm- a hare-not a b Bunny- a Hare.. there is a differfence. It was my favorite piece of jewelry and I wore it all the time

The chain got caught somehow in the dishwasher...yeah I know but it happened. When I leaned over and stood up, it broke. I laid the broken necklace and the Hare charm on the table .....somehow it became lost... I thought for a while that D. had taken it to get it fixed and was secretly pleased for many days but then I asked.

No, he didn't have it-it wasn't being fixed-it was gone! LOST- and in all my searching-I never found it again.

Today's gift was a replacement Hare charm and chain.

Only the chain was listed on the shipping list BUT on the cash register recipt, bothe chain and charm were listed. No NOTE- no notheing.. NO Hare Charm!

When D. called before he finished his sentence, the lady at the Jewerly store said, "We don't stock those, they come from a separate manafacture." She was well versed in this it seemed. She also mentioned the return policy (which we will be making use of) The chain is too small. :(

HOW NICE! no mention of this small fact on the web site or on the shipping paper work AND no mention of who the "separate manafacture" was.

How much easier it would have been if someone had added a notation-something-

maybe-

"Here is your chain. The Hare charm you ordered from us is coming from a different place and will be mailed in a differentnt package by THEM. We don't really have those in stock. Yes, I know they are pictured together BUT we ain't got them in our stock. HAVE A NICE DAY!

So maybe or maybe not.. only the shadow knows if I will get my Hare Charm for Valentine's Day. It was wonderful being able to track the chain's progress.. when it was mailed.. where it was at any given time....he charm, however is on it's own.

I have noticed as I have grown older I have NO patience with:


* things that don't work the way they are supposed to
* people who don't do what they say
* and companies who run their business like idiots!

I KNOW this a small thing but it is a small thing I should not have had to deal with.

-nuff said!

Oh, Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Comment Codes

No comments: