Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's call it a month


Kids!
A friend tells me you should "eat them when they are young"

D. sent me this cartoon. If it weren't so true, I would have laughed.


Well, so much for keeping up with the blog. January is almost over.

Summary

* We had some very cold temps... below zero a few times

* January 20
was "Yes" Day- I know a new president was sworn in on this day but January 20th is always "Yes" Day to me. This is the 32nd year for "Yes" Day. D. and I acknowledged it and then let it pass quietly.

* January 22-26
D and I went to Owensboro, KY for an overnight trip. It was a J.'s birthday party. He had some musician friends come in for a jam session. There were 5 guitar players, 2 harmonica players , drums and a double bass. Lots of wonderful food and the musi c was rocking. We all had breakfast at a place Called, "Hill Billy's" - inside a Marathon gas station. Great Food! Great Friends!

Got to visit a bit with a bunny friend of mine and meet two of her bunnies for the first time-Mema and Luna. Shadow and Babsy,are old friends! Memo entertained us with some very excellent binkies. :) Here is Luna. She has "Velvet" ears. D. and I both noted this. Beautiful Luna!



* January 27
Dealing with a sick Mr Fritz this week. He is totally into stasis! Extreme emergency situation for a bunny. ~ a bunny that doesn't eat, drink or poo. I did all I knew to do - raw pineapple juisce, baby pedeo lyte, critcal care, laxatone, belly massages ~ He needed more -Took him to the e vet on Tuesday in a whirl of snow and sleet. We got a got a foot of snow Tuesday night.

The IV fluids have made the difference. He has started nibbling and a few potties. So things are beginning to move again. He has a ways to go though.. more IV fluids tonight. I had D come and check thismorning to see if Fritz was still here. Today is the anniversary of Harry's passing. It was snowy that year too- 2000. Loosing Mr Fritz on the same day.. oh my.. too much- that would have been way too after loosing Velvet so recently. I am still forgetting and call her name. She stillhops so very near my heart. All my bunnies do! Maybe because Velvet's death was so recent, maybe because I had to "help" her go, maybe because she was still so bright and perky, maybe because of all these things, the tears are very close to the surface. While a memory of this or that can make me cry what amazes me was I found myself in tears and there was NO particulair memory that triggered it, It was just SAD, -just sad. :(

Why write all this? well, Why not? It is my blog, my life, my thoughts. A writer has to write, tha tis just the way of things. A writer has to write something.

Looking into February and beyond..

D. and I have tickets for Celtic Woman in Feb
AND tickets to see THE EAGLES in March.. woo hoo!

No comments: