Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year

New year's is over now. This is the 2nd day!

The house is very quiet and I am alone.I cried when the year year was declared but no one knew. I did not open the front door to let the new year in and I did not open the back door to let the old year out. I did not shout "Happy New Year" in to the night. I did not mark the new calendar with dates. A chore reserved for the first hours of the new year-to carry the old dates and set them to the new.

I counted foxes. There were five. They move in shadows and the glow of their eyes mark the path. I wonder if my eyes would glow in the shadows and could be seen or has the glow grown so dim it would be a darkness ?

I drank some wine and fell asleep I dreamed of rabbits in the snow. Rabbits that are lost now and can never return. save as strands of gossamer, pale and silent as a whispered memory.

I will see them again, They are safe from the foxes.

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
MAY THE GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS YOU WISH
[CLICK BELLOW FOR THE CARD]
http://www.images.dgreetings.com/newimages/newyear/2005/new-year-floral1.jpg

I have read your post. I would revisit, as I liked your writings.

Naval Langa
MY SHOORT STORIES

Other Blog
LIFESTYLE AND REALATIONSHIP