Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kill Fred!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fred is driving me crazy. I think if he continues I shall kill him! It will be very easy- I have thought about it-a lot!

CTRL-ALT-DEL Every friggin THING!

This computer is FredIV. All my computers were "Freds"

The first "Fred" was actually a program I created about a million years ago in BASIC. It was for a home school computer class I taught. Fred was a simple computer image on screen created using the available keyboard letters...line after line after line. He announced himself with a smile and then said some pretty insulting things about the teacher behind her back. The kids all laughed. When turned Friendly Fred, the computer was gone! (the programmed "Beep" was my cue to turn.)- I knew he would be gone.
*smile*

"What?????"

Yes, he was gone every single time!

In once upon a time , long and far away days, most computers were powered by mice, hamsters or disgruntled squirrels. Squirrel power was the best
, especially if the squirrel was really really mad. A really upset squirrel could almost connect to AOL for about 3 minutes.

Kids were easier to amuse way back then too and even could be fooled into thinking computers really did run on squirrel power and that a little man lived in the fridge who operated the light switch. Yes, he's there all right. Go look for yourself!

~Hare

*Name Your Computer* next post





No comments: