Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Writing Prompt: "Uh huh. I'm coloring."

 "Uh huh. I'm coloring."  Writing Prompt


 It was only me and my husband having dinner at the restaurant. No children. No Grand Children, Just us two oldsters. I saw the coloring sheets and crayons as we walked past the hostess station. I didn't see anything posted about age restrictions so I helped myself. We ordered our food then asked the Blessing as we always do.


 Then my husband took out his phone as he always does and looked at t his and that but never at me. Then I took out my coloring sheet which was apparently an ad for good nutrition. Either that or the history of farming because farm animals were there smiling up at me from behind fences and there was rolling hills and trees in the background. Well, the colors were limited to red, green and blue, but I did my best. Blue cows can be quite nice if you color in the lines. Finally, my husband took notice of me and he seemed to be surprised. "What are you doing? He whispered. You're coloring?" "Uh huh. I'm coloring." I finished the coloring page just as the server brought our food. She thought it was quite nice but remarked that she had never seen a blue cow. But what about Babe, the Blue Ox? I asked. She shook her head and seemed confused and puzzled. These young ones! Ha! Bet she never heard of Paul Bunyan either. My husband was still watching me while his phone lay quiet on the table.

What Fun!

No comments: