Monday, July 25, 2016

Writing Prompt : Potpourri

Writing Prompt potpourri

clothesline  
chocolate bar
elf
hypothermia
scamper
insinuate
feces
frog

I poured my one and only allowed cup of coffe into my favorite M&M mug added a dribble of skim milk and wondered if I could find a larger cup to use that might  still  be considered a"one cup" in measure.  I opened the silverware drawer to get a teaspoon and there it was-a clothesline neatly knotted into a hangman's noose.

 This nifty noose choking a knife, fork and spoon was supposed to remind me that food was killing me.

"You put the "die" in diabetic. the Doc insinuate(d).  Use this noose as a tool."

Feces! pure feces!

Yes, he suggested  think of sweets as ... you may well guess- another tool.

I smiled to myself remembering the chocolate bar tool buried underneath the frozen veggies in the freezer.

This is the same Doc that told me to  "hop" up on the table. I'm surprised he didn't sugest I "scamper" down the hall.

I need a new Doc.

The frog clock above the range croaked out six croaks.  Why did I have a frog clock in my kitchen?  I wish I could say it was a gift but no, it was me-all me.
Anyway, six croaks meant the morning paper had arrived.

The Headlines today were priceless.

NORTH POLE ELF DIES FROM HYPOTHERMIA

No comments: