Monday, July 18, 2016

On writing and the visible world

I am looking through all my old writings.  One story came to mind, "Camptown Ladies".  I didn't find  that one.  Very difficult to see today.  I view videos  of folks making quilts.  How I would love to do that.  How I would love to write again and rewrite.  How I would like my vision to clear but you know.  I have a promise and I believe it.  (I am the Lord who heals ALL your diseases)  It is a done deal and could happen any moment.  Praise Him!


I still love writing and was reminded of that recently.  A challenge to simply rewrite a wordy sentence resulted  in a mini story.  I truly enjoyed myself. 

DARE::::
Reword this sentence.
*

A man dressed in a black cloak, face covered with a blue bandana and navy blue hat covering his ears, ran for his car
*

my rewrite

.Instantly, he knew letting his wife talk him into wearing that foolish golf hat was a huge mistake.  It was such an ugly shade of navy and the blue of the bandana didn't match the blue of the hat.  She did it on purpose, he thought.  She knew he counted on her to help him with color.  

The only reason he knew the colors were ghastly was the reaction of Porter, the hound.  Porter was his little secret.  You see, if the hair on Porter's back stood up and he ran away howling his misery, then his color choice was bad-very bad.  And that is what happened just now.

Nothing to be done.  He was late.  He pulled the hideous hat down over low his ears covering them completely.  Then he pulled the bandana up high competely covering his face except for a single slit for his eyes.

He fumbled a moment in his is pocket for his car keys
 and finding them intact, he snatched the long black cloak from the hall stand. He  covered his  body carefully and completley.  He threw open the door and plunged out into the poounding rain.  Just as he reached the car, a wild gust of wind  caught the bottom of his cloak flipping it up over his knees.  He stared in horror.  No feet! No Shoes!  Life was indeed difficult for the forgetful invisible man.

Like · Reply · 1 · July 6 at 10:34pm
Deborah Hare
 sorry the writer jumped out and took over. He was wearing a mask by the way.




No comments: