Sunday, July 2, 2017

Preheat Oven To 350








Preheat Oven To 350


   By Deborah J  Lindsey








“Preheat Oven to 350.
 Okay, that’s done.”


“What ‘cha up to Bunny?’


‘I’m cooking a turkey.  Would you like to stay for lunch?”


“I don’t think this bird will be ready that soon. It’s still frozen.  Have you ever cooked a turkey before?”


“No, but it’s easy as pie.  I saw it done on a cooking show.  All I need to do is preheat the oven to 350, pop the bird in and then take it out when the oven dings, It’s very simple. I think you could probably manage it if you tried.”


“Well, I don’t know?”


“Sure, look here.  The ovens’ flashing 350 and in goes the bird-like so and now START and now we wait.”


“But Hon, I think you should be using the range- not the microwave.”


“Oh, I didn’t get a free range one.  I told them I just wanted a plain turkey.

Set the table, won’t you Dear?”


“I’m so sorry Bunny, I just remembered I have a lunch date.  I really need to run.”


“Okay Dear, I understand but do stop in later for coffee and Easy pie.”



                                                                                                 C Copyright July 2017 By Deborah J Lindsey

First Line Prompt for 7/2/17: "Preheat oven to 350" 




No comments: