Saturday, July 22, 2017

Bruno




Bruno


By Deborah J Lindsey




It was Friday and I couldn’t wait to get home.


You see, learning to play the Saxophone was a dream of mine and I’d found a nice one in a pawn shop and I couldn't wait to get started.



The owner of the shop raved and declared it was the beginner Sax belonging to the late Bennie B.  He claimed Bennie was a cousin of some other famous Sax player.  I had never heard of either one but the price was right so I bought it.

I ordered a “How To” on the internet- “Learn to Play the Sax In Two Days”- it sounded promising. 


The first indication that learning the Sax may not have been the best idea was Bruno.


Bruno was an unusual dog.  He always acting crazy. I guess that’s why I liked him so much but tonight, he was really acting crazy. 


When I blew “Twinkle Twinkle” he covered both ears and once he tried to drag my Sax away.


About one o’clock in the morning, I noticed Bruno was gone.  I figured he’d grown tired and went to bed.


I practiced a long while and finally felt confident enough to move past “Twinkle, Twinkle” to “Mary Had a Lamb”.  I took a deep breath and the next thing I knew someone was beating on my door. It was the cops! 


“You got a dog?”

I nodded.


“Well he’s disturbing the peace.”


“Bruno?”


“Yeah, call him.”


Bruno padded into the room looking sheepishly guilty.


He held a large sign in his mouth.  It read, “HELP”.


“Your dog has been pacing up and down the fire escape for the past hour.”


I did mention that Bruno was an unusually crazy dog but did I mention how smart he is?

 C Copyright July 2017 by Deborah J Lindsey


written for:
Out of the box prompt:Take these 3 "clues" - arranged in any order - and weave a story under 300 words:
1: the title of a self-help book
2: a dog acting crazy
3: police at the door at 1 AM



No comments: