Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Writing Prompt: "Who is It?"

Writing Prompt:  "Who is It?"



 "Who is it?" I asked my teenage son. "Who is knocking at the door?"
" I don't know, I'll check."
I heard him shuffle to the door. Why does he always do that? Why doesn't he pick up those feet!" I heard the front door open and strained to listen to what was being said but heard nothing. I flung the covers off and sat on the side of the bed. Still trying to listen as my feet found my slippers.

"WHO IS IT?" I yelled down the hall.
Shuffling feet came closer.
"Well, it could be the milk man but we get our milk fromthe grocery." Shuffler said with a laugh.
"Or it could be Herman Munster."
That surprised me. I didn't think he knew who Herman Munster was but I was certain it wasn't him at the door.

Feet came closer still.

"Or it might have been Nicolas Cage or Clark Gable?"

I finally jump from my bed and fly down the hall.
I grabbed the shuffler, stared directly into his face.
"Who was it?" I yelled.

"Oh, who was it at the door you mean-just now?"
"YES! YES! Who?"
The sufffler had me andhe knew it. He let me dangle a moment.

"It was a stranger and I didn't talk to him because you said never to talk to strangers.

No comments: