Thursday, August 18, 2016

Writing Prompt 8.18. 2016 First line prompt

Writing Prompt 8.8.2016

Lunch was almost ready.  Would he actually come?  Beth sighed and checked the table for the fifteenth time.  The food smelled delicious and the table looked beautiful.  Lunch was simple- home-made chili with corn bread and a crisp green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. Peach cobbler was the dessert. The table cloth was red and white checked and looked inviting and cheerful.  Beth sat down to wait.


She waited a long time.   He never came. She should have invited me.  I would have come and I would have brought some flowers for her table. I love chili and cornbread and peach cobbler is a favorite of mine.  I heard the invitation when it was offered and I heard him accept.  I wish she would have asked me.  She deserved better-much better.  

No comments: