Friday, August 5, 2016

Writing Prompt: Sam refused to relieve me from my duty again.

Writing Prompt:   Sam refused to relieve me  from my duty again.


Sam  just stared as he stood
looking and looking.
Facinated by  ham
 that I  was  just cooking.

The ham, of course,
 sat quite green on a plate.
Sam shook his head,
No, I already ate.

Relieve me from duty!
Please Sam, I am!
I've frenched and I've fried.
I've spicked and I've spammed.

It's your turn to serve
these diners to dine.
I've worried and scurried,
Just look at that line!

The Lorax was offended
He peeked down through the leaves.
Quiet!  Yall shush!
 I can't hear the trees.

Horton trumped his trumpter.
Yes, me too.
I can't hear a what,
 a when or a who.

Relieve me from duty!
Now! Sam I am.
I am dizzy and whizzy
from  green eggs and ham.

Sam bowed a low bow,
Then in  whispery wheeze,
To be sure, Sweet Madam.
You need only say PLEASE.

No comments: