Saturday, October 21, 2017

August 9, 2017 Are You Ready to Go?

August 9, 2017
None of us have the promise of tomorrow. We never know when our time is over on this earth. 

The most important question is: Are you ready to go?
Are you sure of your eternal destination?
Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ?
Have you claimed Him as your Savior?
Does He live and reign in your heart?
Are you filled with Hid precious Spirit?
Please be sure now!

 Christians think of death in a much different way that people of this world.  Death is not a horrible monster and there is no fear of death, Death is an open door and Jesus Christ stands in that door.  Death changes only our dwelling place.  The "sting of death" was removed at Calvary!  What an assurance!  How Blessed are all who believe in Him.!

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.  Job 19:25-27 KJV

 This is my story.

we were on vacation visiting family. The Dr changed my already (5 times normal strength insulin) from twice a day to three times per day.  I monitor my blood sugar levels all the time.  Most of the time it is high.  With the extra doses, I'd been having a few lower readings but not extreme.

 On the 9th of August, I began to feel the symptom sofa hypoglycemia, I treated it with a couple of hard candies.  D. had picked me up at my Mamas' and we went back to the hotel.  D went upstairs while I was waiting in the truck.  My sugar went low-very low...  I I don't know how I was alert enough to take a reading, but I did, it was 49.!  Somehow, I knew enough to eat mints that I always carry.  I vaguely recall stuffing them in my mouth and chewing, that is a very sketchy memory.

When blood sugar goes that low, you are unable to even think.  You know something is wrong but cannot act on it.

When D. came back to the truck, he thought I was asleep.   I have NO memory of unlocking the truck door. Only the Lord knows how I did that.  D says I told him 'I needed to eat'.  He took me to Wendy’s' and bought me a cheese burger and fries.  He said I didn't know what to do with it.

Back to the hotel. somehow, I made it  from the truck it to the room then collapsed on the bed. I was going in and out of consciousness. It was pnly then that D. realized the true emergency of my situation.D called an ambulance, He thought I was having a heart attack or stroke.  I could hear D. an S, talking but they sounded far away as in a dream.  I remember telling them I loved them and telling them goodbye and I remember saying I was ready to go.

Blood sugar levels can get so low that a diabetic coma results and that is fatal.

It wasn't a heart attack and it wasn't a stroke. just extremely low sugar.  My respiration from the ER report was only 18 when I arrived.  The hospital was next door to the hotel-  very short trip by ambulance.

The Dr's got my level back up but it bottomed out again.  Then they brought me a sandwich, applesauce and some chips.  I stayed a while in ER and then was released.

The point to all of this is.... I was ready to go, and If it had been my time, I was OK with that.

PLEASE Be ready.... Be sure... Be certain you soul is right with God.  Seek the Lord today while He may yet be found.  Do it NOW -this minute, please don't wait.

-Deborah





No comments: