Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Conversation With an Enemy

Dialog only prompt for 12/7/2016:
"I am my own worst enemy."
This is not the first line or the last line, just has to be used somewhere in your response. Remember dialog only not even ," said xxxx.



               A  Conversation With an Enemy

                      By Deborah J Lindsey


"Who’s there? 

I know you’re there and I know who you are. Your laughter gave you away. "

"You are your own worst enemy.”

“Don’t you mean thatYOU are my worst enemy? “

“No need to whisper in that obscene voice. 

Oh yes, I remember and I agree that was a horrible thing I did and maybe you’re right in saying that I am my own worst enemy. 

Yes, I am totally guilty.

I am guilty of many things but my Lord is gracious. I’ve talked to Him and I am sure he has forgiven me. In fact, he threw all that bad stuff into the ‘Sea of Forgetfulness’ and doesn’t even remember it at all. 
You are the one that remembers it all.

You’re right. I did that too but you are the accuser of the brethren. Well, sistern in my case.

No, I didn’t google “sistern”. 

I’m a writer! I’ll write what I want!

Yes, even if it is a made-up word.

Get thee behind me satan.

You know you have to leave, in fact you have to flee.”

“Yes, I know, but I’ll be back.”

djl


C Copyright 2016 by Deborah J Lindsey


No comments: