Friday, January 17, 2014

2006 Reflections


Saturday. May 13, 2006

I took the personality test again to see if I have changed... No, I haven't.. Still the same!

ENFJ's are sociable, intuitive, sensitive and organized. (hmm?  I can be in a pinch) These energetic, warm and charming folks are influential, and they make catalytic and charismatic leaders.  People often find that they want to do whatever ENFJ's want them to do! (I like this!) Many ENFJ's have a natural gift for public speaking (oh my No Way!) and for organizing people to accomplish a goal-whether in politics, business, religion, teaching, sales, or therapy.  (Yeah, I've done that) Responsible, tenacious, idealistic and opinionated, (uh oh-opinionated) outgoing ENFJ's usually work their magic by artful facilitation or tactful persuasion, but they are willing to do  battle (Yeah, done that too) with people and institutions they see as wrong-minded or mean-spirited.  ENFJ's honor their commitments and expect the same of others.  This type paradoxical pitfalls of conflict avoidance and "kinder-than-thou" righteous indignation may get in their way, now and then.  Groups headed by competent ENFJ's are marked by well-defined mission, teamwork, open communication, appreciation and support for every member-but they may be well advised to have other types look after the impersonal details.

ENFJ's believe in their dreams and see themselves as helpers and enablers.  (Cool!)

Would this be the type of person who would share rabbit photos to some unassuming person TRAPPED next to her on a plane?  OH YEAH!  In a Hare's Breath!

October 29, 2003


**Friends come and go in our lives.  Some are quick, bright, brilliant flashes.that require much attention and ado. High maintenance!  Others are soft glows.  Warm lanterns in quiet windows content to "just be."   True friends are treasures and I am prone to want to hold fast to treasures.  Greedy and stubborn I suppose.  True friends accept faults, shortcomings and misunderstandings. This true friendship will endure through the darkest storm.  A bit tattered in the morning, but still willing to endure.  Still sure that the friendship is worth the storm.  "Still Willing" that's the key.

Some friends are surprises!  The depth you only can see in time of need.  These are friends indeed!

Other friends are not friends at all. They are pretenders.  They are shallow with no depth of root.  They are the users and people collectors, confidence gatherers and  any breeze or imaginined slight whisks them away like so much fluff and dander.

But what of Best Friends?  They are the ones "willing" without a second thought, to venture out in dark, stormy nights.because you asked.   Best friends come with no strings attached.

Thinking on all of this today in the waning moments of my favorite month, October, I find myself  outside of the circle and I realize that things are not always what they seem. I am enlightened, learning and "willing".

 Experiences have tutored me.  If someone makes their circle small, then I am apt to draw a bigger circle and include them again.
 Foolish, isn't it?.  Naive? Yes, probably so. Most often, I am  left with just a circle, but I am better for having made the attempt.


No comments: